What is operating system
The best top 3 operating system to use now depends on what is your need. operating system (OS) is system software that manages computer hardware, software resources, and provides common services for computer programs. the low-level software that supports a computer’s basic functions, such as scheduling tasks and controlling peripherals. It is an interface between a computer user and computer hardware. An operating system is a software which performs all the basic tasks like file management, memory management, process management, handling input and output, and controlling peripheral devices such as disk drives and printers.
For computer users, there is a long-lived debate over which operating system is the best: Windows or Mac OS, but in the server world, the debate adds a third competitor, Linux.
Windows is an OS that most people know because it usually comes installed on pre-assembled computers. Linux, on the other hand, is a free OS that allows you to modify your OS to your liking. Within the Linux system, there are many distributions or distros (as it is commonly known) that one can choose from. A distro is an OS based on the Linux kernel. Some of these distros are Red Hat, Ubuntu, Fedora, Kubuntu, Arch Linux, Deepin, and Mageia just to name a few.
Types of operating system
Before we go into the best top 3 operating system to use now it’s important to first discuss the types of OS, below are the types of OS currently available.
- Single-tasking and multi-tasking
- Single- and multi-user
What is the most popular operating system
Microsoft Windows has existed in one form or another since 1985, and it remains the most popular operating system for home and office computers. Its latest versions, including Windows 10, are also used on some tablets, and the OS is used on some web and number-crunching server computers as well.
If you were to break up the different types of computers into categories, the most popular operating system for each category is as follows.
- Windows 10 is the most popular operating system for desktop and laptop computers.
- Android is the most popular smartphone operating system.
- iOS is the most popular tablet operating system.
- Variants of Linux are most widely used in the Internet of things, smart devices ,web servers and supercomputers.
As at 2019 these are ratio of the usage of OS. Android: 39.19%, Windows: 35.12, iOS: 13.85%, MAC OS: 5 %, Linux: 0.77%.
What is the fastest operating system
It’s obvious that the fastest and lightest operation system is no other than Linux based OS. It doesn’t need powerful Processor unlike windows to operate and function at an optimal level. OS like Ubuntu and Kali are great for running businesses substantial computing power is mandatory.
What is the difference between server OS and desktop OS
In a lame explanation, server OS manages Network resources centrally along with its internal resources. desktop OS Manages only its internal resources(like memory, cpu, i/o, user interface). An everyday OS runs programs including Microsoft word and excel, Adobe Photoshop, and one’s favorite computer games. Server OS is also optimized for a network instead of for a single user, which means it can handle multiple desktops. >> check also take-products-services-online
Best top 3 operating system
Ubuntu operating system
Ubuntu is a free and open-source Linux distribution based on Debian. Officially released in three editions: Desktop, Server, and Core for the internet of things devices and robots. All the editions can run on the computer alone, or in a virtual machine. Linux is an extremely popular operating system for hackers. There are two main reasons behind this. First off, Linux’s source code is freely available because it is an open source operating system. Malicious actors use Linux hacking tools to exploit vulnerabilities in Linux applications, software, and networks. From the best top 3 operating system to use now this is no 1.
- It is Free.
- Completely Customizable.
- More Secure.
- Runs Without Installing.
- Better Suited for Development.
- Command Line.
- Can Be Updated Without Restarting.
- No proprietary software.
- Hard to install graphic drivers (especially for old hardware)
- Many tasks can only work efficiently in command line.
- Not stable like Debian.
- No big upgrades like Windows.
- Same old GUIs with no big updates.
- Linux software sucks (not eye catching)
Kali Linux is also one of my favorite because Ubuntu is more suited for personal uses while Kali is best for (Ethical) Hackers, vulnerability testers and “nerds” because of the tools they both come bundled with. (Although you can install same set of “Hacking” tools on both). Kali is not for beginners who want to learn Linux.
Windows operating system
Is best for apps, personal use and gaming, from W95 to W10 it’s the most popular and go-to OS known world wide. It start up and resumes operations fast, secured but not as Linux OS. It stands for wide interactive network development for office work solution.
Disadvantages of using Windows
- Too Many Options
- Prone to Virus Attacks
- Large Files
Advantages of using Windows
- Ease of use
- Available software
- Backwards compatibility
- Support for new hardware
- Plug & Play
- Compatibility with MS driven websites
- Eye catching
Mac operating system
macOS is a series of proprietary graphical operating systems developed and marketed by Apple Inc. since 2001. It is the primary operating system for Apple’s Mac computers. Within the market of desktop, laptop and home computers, and by web usage. macOS is the operating system that powers every Mac. It lets you do things you simply can’t with other computers.That’s because it’s designed specifically for the hardware it runs on — and vice versa. macOS comes with an entire suite of beautifully designed apps.
Advantages of using macOS
- Streamlined user interface without compromising functions
- Better and consistent operating system and hardware integration
- Lesser malware and other security issues or vulnerabilities
- Bundled with several free productivity applications
- Specialized and incomparable multitasking feature
- Integration with other Apple products such as iOS devices
Disadvantages of using MacOS
- iMac desktop computers and MacBook laptops are very expensive
- Limited options or flexibility for upgrading the hardware
- Scarcity of game titles and absence of advanced gaming experience
- Limited number of apps aND software available
Difference between macOS and Linux
Now, Mac OS is based on a BSD code base, while Linux is an independent development of a unix-like system. This means that these systems are similar, but not binary compatible. Furthermore, Mac OS has lots of applications that are not open source and are build on libraries that are not open source. >> Read up steps-on-how-to-sell-anything-online
Difference between macOS and Windows
Both OSes come with excellent, plug-and-play multiple monitor support, though Windows offers a bit more control. you can span program windows across the multiple screens, whereas in macOS, each program window can only live on a single display. Both need to work on the majority of hardware which makes them more bloated and less optimised. MacOS is able to optimize the limited hardware support in a way that allows for better performance over all.
Difference between Linux and Windows
- Linux is open source operating system whereas Windows OS is commercial.
- It has access to source code and alters the code as per user need whereas Windows does not have access to source code.
- Also will run faster than windows latest editions even with a modern desktop environment and features of the operating system whereas windows are slow on older hardware.
- Linux distributions don’t collect user data whereas Windows collect all the user details which lead to privacy concern.
- More reliable then windows as in Linux we can kill application if they hung through x kill command whereas, in windows, we need to try multiple times to kill it.
- Linux supports a wide variety of free software’s than windows but windows have a large collection of video game software.
- In Linux software cost is almost free as all programs, utilities, complex applications such as open office are free but windows also have many free programs and utilities but most of the programs are commercial.
- highly secure because it’s easy to identify bugs and fix whereas Windows has a large user base and becomes a target for developers of viruses and malware.
- It is used by corporate organizations as servers and operating system for security purpose at Google, Facebook, twitter etc. whereas windows are mostly used by gamers and business users.
- Linux and windows have same priority over hardware and driver support in the present situation.
To end this post, you know some of the basic information required before selecting an operating system for usage. If you have comments, questions or suggestions regarding the best top 3 operating system please let contact us, thank you.